INSURANCE PRODUCT INFORMATION DOCUMENT
What is this type of insurance?
Pet Insurance to help you cover the financial costs should your dog or cat of which you are the owner and keeper becomes ill
or suffers from an accident. You choose the type of cover you need and level of benefit that is suitable for you.
What is insured?
You will receive the agreed level of benefit as stated
on your policy schedule, for:
• LIFETIME COVER for your dog or cat
• VETERINARY FEES following an accident suffered by your dog or cat
• VETERINARY FEES following an illness suffered by your dog or cat
• COMPLEMENTARY TREATMENT to your dog or cat
• ACCIDENTAL DEATH of your dog or cat up to the age of 6 years
• PUBLIC LIABILITY If property is damaged, or someone is killed, injured or falls ill as a result of an incident involving your dog during the period of
insurance and you are legally responsible
• DEATH of your dog or cat from illness up to the age of 6 years
What is not insured?
No payment will be made for any of the following reasons:
• Any Pre-existing or chronic conditions
• The £95 policy excess (increased to £250 for Public Liability). Any excess payable by you will be deducted from the overall maximum benefit limit as stated on your certificate of Insurance.
• The amount you are required to pay towards the costs of the Veterinary Fees (20% of the claim if your dog or cat is over the age of 7 years or 25% of the claim if your dog or cat is over the age of 12 years
• More than the sum insured shown on your policy schedule
• Any injury or illness present before your policy start date
• Any illness claim within 14 days of your dog or cats first policy year
• Any accident claim within 5 days of your dog or cats first policy year
• Any non-necessary or preventative treatment
Are there any restrictions on cover?
• You must be owner and keeper of the insured dog or cat
• The maximum amount covered is dependent upon the level of cover you select, you can choose from the following levels of cover - £2,000, £3,000, £4,000, £6,000 or £10,000 and the cover you select will be stated on your policy schedule. You will be covered up to the maximum policy cover limit that you select each year and the amount will be reinstated each year.
• Your policy premium amount will not remain the same for the lifetime of your dog or cat and may increase or decrease
• Your dog or cat must be aged 8 weeks or over
• Your dog must not be a dangerous dog or crossed with a dangerous dog or have been the subject of a complaint to the police
• Your dog must be micro chipped
• Your dog or cat must be registered at a Veterinary Practice based in the United Kingdom when applying for cover
• Where a condition is affecting one body part of which your pet has two, one each side of the body (e.g. ears, eyes, knees, cruciate ligaments) this will be considered a bilateral
• condition and when applying the maximum benefit limit or an exclusion bilateral conditions are considered as one condition
Where am I covered?
This policy will cover you in the United Kingdom. You may be covered anywhere in the world for up to three (3) months during the Period of Insurance provided that your pet has a valid Pet Passport and is accompanying you on holiday. You
must ensure that all the conditions of the Pet Travel Scheme have been met and a full invoice and any relevant clinical notes have been provided.
What are my obligations?
• You must take reasonable care to give us complete and accurate answers to any questions we reasonably ask whether you are taking out or making changes to your policy
• You must also tell us immediately about any changes which may affect your cover. For example if you move house with your dog or cat, your name changes or you change the name of your dog or cat
• You must tell us about any incident that may result in a claim as soon as possible so we can tell you what to do next and help resolve any claim
• If you need to make a claim, you must give us all the information we need
• For cover to be in place you must pay the agreed premium as shown on your schedule
When and how do I pay?
You can pay your premium as a one off payment annually or in monthly instalments. Payment can be made by direct debit or debit card.
When does the cover start and end?
The start date of your cover is the date you select on your application, your policy will then be renewed on an annual basis.
How do I cancel the contract?
If you choose to cancel your insurance, simply notify Trent-Services (Administration) Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org,
telephone 01285 626020.